Html/Javascript widget

Sunday 18 April 2021

when the backslide creeps in

I'm not religious, but chose to observe Lent this year as the cleansing for which its practiced. I maintained. I could have been stronger, sharper, more disciplined. I stayed strong even after Lent was done but sadly about ten or so days after, I fell into one bad habit and a few days after that, gave myself *permission* to fold on another. Earlier last week I took stock of myself and said, "Wait, you can stop these bad habits. You just did it before." As such, I'm starting up again, though on one of the habits I still fall victim to, yet never curbed during Lent, I decided to nip that one in the bud, seeing as it's a far greater vice of mine and one I realised led to the other two.

It's going well so far. Beyond realising I don't need it, I'm finding I don't miss it. Before going down that rabbit hole, let alone knowing there was a rabbit hole at all, I had gone without it for years. Though it's not drug related, it might as well be.

No comments:

Post a Comment